The Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services Board for Montgomery County is seeking applicants for the following position:
Job Title: Administrative Secretary – Temporary, Full-time
Division: Administrative Services Division
Reports To: Director, Administrative Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Are you a detail-focused, helpful person who loves to support others?
- Do you approach life with a positive, service-minded attitude?
- Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference?
If so, as an Administrative Secretary for Montgomery County ADAMHS, you will support our team in achieving our mission of positively impacting mental health care and access for Montgomery County.
The Administrative Secretary is a full performance secretarial occupation under the direction of Division Director requiring considerable knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures to perform complex secretarial support and assist Division Director and staff in administrative tasks and management of office function. The Administrative Secretary responsibilities will include:
- Greet all visitors and inform staff of visitors waiting for appointments.
- Responsible for distribution of incoming mail.
- Responsible for ensuring outgoing mail is delivered to the designated area.
- Contacting and confirming attendance of Board members at Board meetings.
Serve as clerical support to ADAMHS’ legal counsel.
- File and generate all motions for involuntary civil commitment and submit to Probate Court.
- Distribute correspondence to and from community hospitals regarding the request for transfer from a community hospital to a State Regional Hospital, i.e., Summit.
- Distribute correspondence to and from Probate Court.
- Submit Report of Findings with motion and follow up to Probate Court.
- Send Probate Court Hearing Schedule to Legal Counsel and Eastway for independent exams.
- Copy and mail all civil commitment motions to Probate Court and Attorney of Record.
- Generate and distribute outpatient commitment lists to all hospitals and community mental health centers every Friday.
- Must possess a minimum of three years secretarial experience,
- Associate Degree in Business Management or the Secretarial Sciences, and one year of clerical/secretarial experience, requiring proficiency in office software applications.
- Able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, vendor personnel, and the public.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks effectively. Ability to type from rough written drafts or oral instructions.
- Detail-oriented with a mastery of oral and written communication skills, including proper grammar and e-mail etiquette
- Demonstrated leader and self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team; must be proactive and have the ability to gather and analyze information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation with a quality conscious pride in his/her work product.
Please visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montgomery/default.cfm to apply.